Featured Grant Opportunity
United Way Now Accepting 2018 Grant Applications
United Way has changed the process of how we fund our nonprofit community. We will no longer be awarding grants on a 2-year cycle. This change is largely due to the availability of funds and the intent to more closely align with the intent and wishes of our donors. Here are some basic details about the process:
- The grant application process has no timeline and is open continually.
- Grant requests are recommended to address either childhood poverty, homelessness, capacity building or an urgent, unmet need.
- All area nonprofits are eligible.
- Applications will be completed online.
- All grants are awarded in a single payment, amounts based on available funding.
- Once received, a complete agency profile for each application will be created and presented to the United Way Board of Directors.
- The Board then selects recipients and amounts of requested grants – again, based on available funding.
- Grantees will be notified via email and a phone call by United Way staff.
- A signed Grant Funding Agreement must be received prior to release of funding. (Click here to download sample of the agreement.)
- Grant payments will be sent via U.S. mail. However, if funding is urgent, a representative of the Grantees’ organization may pick the check up at our office.
The online application is available on our website under What We Do > Support Community Nonprofits > UW Grant Application. You can access the page directly using the link below.
Upcoming Grant Opportunities
Local Foods, Local Places 2018-2019 Application
Deadline: October 22, 2018
Focuses on projects and activities to revitalize neighborhoods through development of local food systems
Good Neighbor Citizenship® Company Grants
Deadline: October 31, 2018
Focuses on projects and activities to enhance safety, education, and community development
Pacific Power Foundation
Deadline: December 15, 2018
National health and human service agencies, hospitals, senior service centers, agencies for youth
Juan Young Trust
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Focuses on projects and activities to enhance the health, education, and welfare of children under the age of 21 years old in Oregon.
May and Stanley Smith Charitable Trust
Supports organizations that promote the dignity, agency, and self-sufficiency of foster children and youth, military veterans, elders, and people with disabilities.
Ongoing Grant Opportunities
Albertsons Companies Foundation: seek out your town on the website
- Health and Human Services
- Youth and Education
- Supporting Diversity and Inclusion of All Abilities
May and Stanley Smith Charitable Foundation: Supports Elders, veterans, and people with disabilities
JM/Milbank Foundation: Supports Safety, Education and Community Development
May and Stanley Smith Charitable Foundation: Supports Elders, veterans and people with disabilities
Albertsons Companies Foundation
Public Welfare Foundation: Criminal justice, juvenile justice and workers rights
Deadline: Open (LOI)
Standard Community Foundation: healthy communities, disability and empowerment, cultural development, education and advancement
Microsoft Elevating America: Software donations for nonprofits who benefit a variety of populations
The Brown Foundation: For public charitable purposes, principally for support, encouragement, and assistance to education, the arts, and community service
Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation: Older Adults, Workforce Development, Education, Disabilities, Basic Human Needs & Health, Veterans, and General Community Support
Charles Lafitte Foundation: promote inclusiveness while looking to alleviate human problems
Looking for more grant opportunities? Subscribe to the CAPO E-mail Newsletter via the box on the left.
There are also subscription-based websites that you can use to search for grant opportunities:
- Oregon Grant Watch – is a subscription based grant search site.
- Center for NonProfit Excellence – Free grant search site.
- Robert Wood Johnson Funding – Health related grants.
- United Way of the Columbia Willamette Funding Opportunities
- Foundation Directory Online